Shelled Shinobi released! (1.0)
Shelled Shinobi is finally released!
I wanted to make a relatively short but polished experience, and I learnt a lot in the process. I've loved working on this project, and I hope you'll like it. Would be awesome to see more speedrunning of the full version too!
My plan is to focus next on Unity development for a while, but I'd love to continue to be a part of the awesome PICO-8 community in the future aswell. I've also got tons of ideas for a possible next Shelled Shinobi game, so stay tuned ;)
I recently made a Twitter account that I'll be posting game dev stuff on: @magu_dev
I'm considering writing a full post-mortem later, but for now, here are some highlights:
What's new in 1.0:
- The game is running 60 FPS instead of 30.
- New mechanics and interactions including walljumping, springs, water and breakable objects.
- The playable area is now more than three times the size of the old one: two new rooms in the beginning, and two entirely new areas.
- Awesome music from the composer Gruber (remixed slightly by me).
- Improved graphics in many ways, plus an actual ending screen.
- Improved input registering and physics, including more accurate collisions, better coyote time etc.
- A more elaborate game camera and smoother parallax scrolling.
- Plenty of particles and other Juice.
- Menu options: Zone select, on-screen timer, swap controls.
- Persistent high score.
The full game is also published on the PICO-8 BBS and SPLORE:
The previous demo version can still be found here:
Get Shelled Shinobi
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.